Thursday, September 16, 2010



I was having a boring wednesday night and have been playing my favourite games to death. Thats when it occured to me, why not play some of my old favourite. I'm of course talking about the old super nintendo system from 1992, coupled with my favourite classic game Super Mario Kart.


This game kept me away from studying as a kid for countless hours, and im sure even the older of us would have appreciated this innovative game, which basically started the world of racing games and helped develope the whole console gaming world along with Super Nintendo.

In this game you can choose a character from the classic mario series, such as mario, luigi, princess and of course my favourite, toad. You race around rather basic tracks using these characters, seperated into 3 different cups, star, mushroom and flower. Get golds in all 3 cups and it allows a harder mode, 150cc.

It progressively gets harder and harder and is actually quite challenging once you get to the last cup (special) in 150cc. Not only do you race in this game, but you can also get prizes situated on the track. These prizes allow you to attack other racers, or gain special bonuses like invincibility or speed boosts).

Despite being alot older now this classic old game i had long forgotten manage to keep me busy all afternoon, and I realised I hadn't played a game in a long time that was based around gameplay and fun, and not special effects and graphics.

I recommend if you have an old console like sega and super nintendo to dust it off and give it a go, you will definately be pleasantly surprised. Here is a trailer for all those who haven't played the game (although if you don't have it not sure how hard it would be to find it to purchase now adays)!



No comments:

Post a Comment